J. Brian Morrow
Brian Morrow is a partner in the firm’s Walnut Creek office. Mr. Morrow practices in the areas of complex construction law, with an emphasis on construction litigation, construction contracting, real estate litigation, business litigation and insurance law. He has worked with owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, architects, designers, engineers and sureties in the construction industry, focusing primarily on the preparation, negotiation and litigation of claims for additional time and money, claims analysis, in addition to counseling contractors and owners regarding the drafting and negotiating of contract terms, real-time advice during construction, claims avoidance, alternative dispute resolution and litigation. Mr. Morrow’s practice includes a wide variety of projects, ranging from residential construction to power and manufacturing plants commercial construction and design, and road, bridge and heavy construction.
Mr. Morrow’s extensive experience includes the representation of major California developers in construction litigation, and Engineering News Record (ENR) Top 5 contractor in litigation over the construction of an acetylene plant in Louisiana, an ENR Top 20 contractor in an offshore pipeline case against the United States Army Corps of Engineers before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA), a nationwide mechanical/electrical contractor in litigation arising out of a modernization to the United States Supreme Court, an general contractor on builder’s risk insurance litigation related to an expansion to the Library of Congress, a community college district regarding litigation concerning the construction of a cultural arts center, a surety on a performance bond dispute involving a 200 unit subdivision in federal court, a surety in payment bond disputes multiple states in state and federal courts, an investment bank in litigation over the construction of luxury condominiums in New York City, and developer in a dispute arising out the construction of a golf course complex in Massachusetts.
Mr. Morrow possesses experience in state and federal courts, administrative hearings and alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including arbitrations, mediations and the use of special masters. Mr. Morrow holds Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees in Civil Engineering and is a Professional Engineer in the State of California.
Mr. Morrow writes and lectures on construction law related issues and is published in national journals such as Transportation Builder.
• University of Iowa, J.D. 1997
• California State University, San Jose, M.S., Civil Engineering, 1994
• University of California, Davis, B.S., Civil Engineering, 1989
• California, 1997
• Virginia, 2002
• United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
• American Bar Association - Construction Industry Forum, Litigation Section and Tort, Trial & Insurance Practice Section
• Contra Costa County Bar Association
• Bar Association of San Francisco
• Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada
• Home Builders Association of Northern California
• Associated General Contractors of California
• American Society of Civil Engineers
• California Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors