John A. O'Hara
John O’Hara is a litigation partner in the Newport Beach and Las Vegas offices with a varied civil litigation practice involving construction, insurance, real estate and class action claims.
His construction practice focuses on the representation of residential real estate developers in complex, multi-party construction defect matters and counseling of these clients in risk management, insurance and alternative dispute resolution. In the insurance arena, he represents corporate and individual policyholders in disputes with insurers and is adept in insurance bad faith litigation.
John has also been involved in a wide range of other civil business litigation throughout his career, including breach of contract claims, partnership disputes, fraud claims, franchise litigation, lender liability and unfair business practice claims.
John briefly worked in Washington, D.C. following law school for a firm specializing in communications law and broadcast regulation. John writes and lectures frequently on litigation, construction defect and insurance matters.
AWARDS AND HONORS
• Selected to the Southern California Super Lawyers list, 2005-2016
• Selected to the Southern California Super Lawyers Top 50 Orange County Lawyers list, 2008
• AV® Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
• Selected to the Orange County Best Lawyers list, Construction Litigation, 2016-2017
• The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, J.D., 1985
• University of California at Irvine, B.A., 1982
• California, 1985
• District of Columbia, 1986
• United States District Court, Central District of California
• United States District Court, Eastern District of California
• United States District Court, Northern District of California
• United States District Court, Southern District of California
• United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
• United States Supreme Court
• Nevada and United States District Court, District of Nevada
• Orange County Bar Association
• Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
• American Bar Association
• Association of Business Trial Lawyers
• Clark County Bar Association
• District of Columbia Bar Association