Jeffrey M. Dennis
Jeff Dennis currently serves as the Firm’s Managing Partner and is located in the Newport Beach office. Jeff specializes in a variety of litigation arenas, including construction, real estate and business litigation. Jeff also handles insurance and cybersecurity matters.
As part of his litigation practice, Jeff has represented several Fortune 500 companies in various areas including complex litigation, construction claims, and insurance disputes. He has tried multiple cases to verdict, and has negotiated settlements for his clients, which have a cumulative value in excess of $50 million.
He has represented developers and businesses in all aspects of complex litigation matters and handles the insurance coverage issues that arise out of construction claims. Jeff also has experience in business litigation matters involving lease disputes, partnership disputes, employment, breach of contract, negligence and premises liability claims.
Jeff also advises his clients on cybersecurity related issues, introducing contractual and insurance opportunities to lessen their risk. With the firm being a founding partner of UCI’s Cybersecurity Policy & Research Institute, Jeff is an active participant in presenting legal insight and developments. Jeff is an experienced speaker, having presented many times on cybersecurity issues for builders and other companies.
In addition to his thriving litigation practice, Jeff is active in a number of professional organizations including the BIA of Orange County and San Diego County, Urban Land Institute, and the Associated General Contractors of California. He was also selected to participate in the prominent Presidential Leadership Academy sponsored by the BIA of Orange County.
Jeff believes that community participation is a vital part of his law practice. As such, he volunteered to serve in the Orange County District Attorney’s selective Trial Advocacy Partnership (TAP) program. He is the past president of the Occidental College Board of Governors and once lead Occidental’s Alumni Association as its Orange County Regional Chair. He also serves on the Executive Leadership Team for the American Heart Association’s Orange County Heart Walk. Under Jeff’s leadership, the firm proudly supports the OC Heart Walk, with over 200 participants joining Team N&D in the 2014 walk. In addition, the firm also hosted a National Eating Healthy Day celebration for executives in Orange County to benefit the AHA.
• Co - Presenter, N&D 6th Annual Builder’s Update – “Contracts, Insurance and Cyber Risk” – March 9, 2017
• Co - Presenter, UCI Cybersecurity Institute – “Legal Developments in Cybersecurity” – February 15, 2017
• Panelist, West Coast Casualty – “Top Five Issues Involving Wrap Policies” – May 18, 2012
AWARDS AND HONORS
• University of Southern California School of Law, Honors Moot Court Participant
• Selected to the Southern California Rising Star list by Super Lawyers, 2005 - 2011
• Selected to the Southern California Super Lawyer list by Super Lawyers, 2013 – 2017
• Selected to the The Best Lawyers in America© list by Best Lawyers® 2016– 2017
• University of Southern California School of Law, J.D., 1997
• Occidental College, B.A., 1994
• California, 1997
• United States District Court, Central District of California
• United States District Court, Eastern District of California
• United States District Court, Southern District of California
• United States District Court, Northern District of California
• Orange County Bar Association
• Building Industry Association of Orange County and San Diego County
• Urban Land Institute
• Associated General Contractors of California
• American Bar Association
• Association of Business Trial Lawyers