Fae E. Dagonese
Fae Dagonese is a transactional and litigation associate in the Newport Beach office of Newmeyer & Dillion. As a transactional and litigation associate, Fae helps her clients understand their options and achieve their business objectives, as well as tackle challenges that arise later down the line.
In her transactional practice, Fae represents developers, institutional investors, and other clients in a wide range of commercial real estate transactions including acquisitions and dispositions of real property, reviewing property titles, and drafting leases. In addition, she represents retail companies and investment advisors in complex secured loan transactions. Representative transactions include:
• Negotiating and documenting land acquisitions and dispositions in Southern California
• Preparing lease for medical office building space on behalf of commercial real estate management and development company
• Document preparation and assisting with closing for $37 million dollar complex loan refinancing secured by multiple commercial properties
LITIGATION – INSURANCE COVERAGE
As part of the firm’s insurance coverage team, Fae helps both individuals and established companies obtain first and third-party insurance coverage and litigate bad faith claims. In addition, she conducts policy reviews and coverage analysis for her clients. Representative matters include:
• Successfully settled bad faith long term disability insurance coverage claim against major national insurance company
• Successfully litigated bad faith claim and breach of contract claim against insurance company arising out of insurance company’s failure to defend and wrongful denial of coverage
LITIGATION – REAL ESTATE AND CONSTRUCTION
In her real estate and construction litigation practice, Fae represents publicly-traded real estate developers and contractors in all matters related to construction issues, including taking depositions, drafting and arguing motions, attending mediations, conducting discovery, and advising on case strategy.
Outside of the office, Fae loves hiking, cycling, cooking, and traveling.
• University of California, Irvine School of Law, J.D., 2013
• University of California, Santa Cruz, B.A., 2008
• California, 2013
• United States District Court, Central, Northern, and Eastern Districts of California
• Orange County Bar Association
• Association of Business Trial Lawyers