Michael S. Cucchissi
Michael Cucchissi is a partner in the Newport Beach office, focusing on real estate development and real estate finance. He has vast experience in representing residential developers and merchant builders in purchase and sale transactions, financing transactions and subdivision of residential projects.
Prior to joining Newmeyer & Dillion, LLP in 1994, Michael was a founding partner of Pettis, Tester, Kruse & Krinsky, a partner of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and served as a law clerk to Chief Judge Samuel P. King of the U.S. District Court of Hawaii.
Michael co-authored the Promissory Notes chapter in the book entitled California Real Property Financing (Volume I) and has served as a consultant for the book entitled California Mortgage and Deed of Trust Practice, both of which were published by the California Continuing Education of the Bar.
AWARDS AND HONORS
• Selected to the Southern California Super Lawyers list, 2006-2016
• AV® Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
• Selected to the Orange County Best Lawyers list for Real Estate Law, 2010-2017
• University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 1978; cum laude; Comment Editor of the Law Review
• Massachusetts Institute of Technology, B.S., 1975
• California, 1978
• United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
• Orange County Building Industry Association Bureau of Real Estate Committee
• Master Planned Communities Subcommittee of the California Building Industry Association, Bureau of Real Estate Committee
• Home Builders Council of the Southern California Building Industry Association
• Orange County Bar Association